Friday, November 9, 2007

More Frustration

After 3 months of learning XHTML from scratch, after having spent hours and hours building a website for this god damn organization, after asking for feedback, information, and receiving none of it... after having finished a final copy of a basic shell for a website for this place that had nothing to begin with - they decided that my work wasn't good enough and that they would pay the ridiculous price of 10,000,000 VND to a private firm to create their site.

I am so angry and frustrated. I know that this is a lesson for life (or some shit like that) - that people will not always appreciate, or even recognize, my efforts... but that doesn't remove from this feeling of pissed-off regret for having given enough of a shit to read 3 books on web design, to have learned a whole new programming language on my own, from taking the time to ask for feedback and receive a load of nothing in return!

The director made the final choice. She never even looked at my website. She only listened to what her son said. Her son, for the record, is a douche bag. He tampered with my site while I was making it (I know it was him, only he had access to the FTP's login and password), and he told his 'mommy' (as he calls her) that the work I spent all this time learning on my own how to do could have been done in 5 hours or less by himself.

hoanclc@yahoo.com
I am so tempted right now to write this bastard a really mean email. At this point I don't care of the consequences of such an act.

But I can't say that I don't care about not being given a chance to finish this work. How many people would come and work for this organization and learn, from scratch and on their own, a whole new skill... for free?

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me not want to try anymore. I am not producing anything, nor learning or accomplishing anything any more than if I were at home laying in bed. Where is the impetus to work?

The worst part is that this website has kept me busy at work when I've had nothing to do. Now I have absolutely nothing to do anymore.

I don't want to whine, I just need to vent. I take the bus for an hour and a half to get here, only to be treated as a 'volunteer'.

Anyways, time to put a smile on my face and to look for a new job, screw this place.

No comments: